Nominations are now open for the 2018 New Jersey Manufacturing Awards. The winners will be announced live at our annual “Made in New Jersey” event in celebration of the seventh annual National Manufacturing Day on Friday, October 5th at The Marigold in Somerset.
Award categories include:
- Manufacturer of the Year – Small (50 or less employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Medium (between 51 and 250 employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Large (251 employees or more)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Young/Start Up (in business 5 years or less)
- Innovator of the Year
- Raymond Hopp Award for Excellence
- Made in NJ Honor Roll
Manufacturers of the Year
(Small, Medium, Large and Young/Start Up)
Nominees must demonstrate industry leadership, innovation, growth through revenues or profits, and a commitment to the growth and development of its employees and communities. Nominees will be evaluated based on factors such as:
- Operations and Continuous Improvements
- Management Philosophy
- Workforce Development
- Supply Chain Development
Click here to nominate the 2018 Manufacturer of the Year
Innovator of the Year
The Innovator of the Year can be an individual or group of people (single professional, team, organization, non-profit, association, entity, etc.) using innovation to improve business, better the NJ manufacturing community, or positively impact a STEM-related field.
Examples of innovation include creative new devices, ideas, inventions, processes, product enhancements and solutions to problems.
Click here to nominate the 2018 Innovator of the Year
Raymond Hopp Award for Excellence
This special award was created in memory of Raymond Hopp, who served as the President of HK Metalcraft. Hopp was strongly dedicated to workforce development and advocacy for the NJ manufacturing community. The ideal candidate will meet most, if not all, of the following criteria
- Have a minimum of 20 years involvement in the Manufacturing Industry
- How many years has the candidate been involved in the Manufacturing Industry? What is his/her tie to manufacturing (i.e. own a mfg company, worked in mfg, etc.)
- Display exquisite morality in business- which can be evidenced by how he/she treats business associates, peers and employees.
- How does the candidate treat others (employees, peers, business associates), how would employees or associates describe him?
- Be an innovative, creative, forward-thinking entrepreneur/business person.
- Is the candidate innovative, forward-thinking etc… please describe how and provide an example.
- Understand the importance of networking.
- What types of networking events/groups does the candidate attend or get involved in? How often does the candidate attend or participate etc.
- Be actively involved in associations that support manufacturing directly and/or indirectly.
- Is the candidate involved with any associations that support the manufacturing industry?
- Have a passion for continuing education.
- What are the candidate’s views on continuing education?
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and explore new technologies.
- How does the candidate adapt to new technologies: does he/she dive right in, express an interest and take the time to learn or does he/she leave new technology up to someone else?
- Exhibit an obvious respect for diversity and cultural awareness.
- Community– Does the candidate “give back”? What types of activities or involvement does the candidate have with charitable organizations?
Click here to nominate the 2018 Raymond Hopp Award recipient
Made In NJ Honor Roll
These awards are given out to non-manufacturers who have had a positive impact on Manufacturing. This award is a way to recognize the non-manufacturers for their contributions to manufacturing. (i.e. Legislators, Educators, others.)
Click here to nominate for the 2018 Made in NJ Honor Roll
Manufacturing Day 2017 Winners:
Five companies and one individual, out of 24 finalists, were recognized for their contributions to the state’s $44.5 billion manufacturing industry at NJMEP’s Manufacturing Day celebration held at the Bridgewater Marriott. The annual event, which coincides with National Manufacturing Day and Manufacturing Week, was organized in conjunction with partners New Jersey Businessmagazine, NJBIA and the accounting firm of CohnReznick as the awards sponsor.
- Jim Placa of Davion: The Raymond Hopp Award for Excellence
- Easterseals: Innovator of the Year Award
- Sock Gang LLC: Manufacturer of the Year (Best Start-up/Young Manufacturing Company)
- ZaGO Manufacturing: Manufacturer of the Year (Small Manufacturer)
- Demountable Concepts, Inc. (DCI): Manufacturer of the Year (Medium Manufacturer)
- GGB Bearing Technology: Manufacturer of the Year (Large Manufacturer)
Do you feel that you qualify for any of the above mentioned awards? Follow this link to cast your vote and be a part of Manufacturing Day 2018
For any questions regarding MFG Day or the NJMEP Manufacturing Awards please contact Lynore DeSantis via email LDeSantis@njmep.org or phone 973-998-9801.
Sponsors and Partners
Thank you to all of our Manufacturing Day 2018 sponsors and partners!