Nominations are now open for the 2019 New Jersey Manufacturing Awards. The winners will be announced live at our annual “Made in New Jersey” event in celebration of the eighth annual National Manufacturing Day on Friday, October 4th at The Marigold in Somerset.
Award categories include:
- Manufacturer of the Year – Small (50 or less employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Medium (between 51 and 250 employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Large (251 employees or more)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Young/Start Up (in business 5 years or less)
- Innovator of the Year
- Raymond Hopp Award for Excellence
- Made in NJ Honor Roll
- Affiliate Member of the Year
Manufacturers of the Year
(Small, Medium, Large and Young/Start Up)
Nominees must demonstrate industry leadership, innovation, growth through revenues or profits, and a commitment to the growth and development of its employees and communities. Nominees will be evaluated based on factors such as:
- Operations and Continuous Improvements
- Management Philosophy
- Workforce Development
- Supply Chain Development
Innovator of the Year
The Innovator of the Year can be an individual or group of people (single professional, team, organization, non-profit, association, entity, etc.) using innovation to improve business, better the NJ manufacturing community, or positively impact a STEM-related field.
Examples of innovation include creative new devices, ideas, inventions, processes, product enhancements and solutions to problems.
Raymond Hopp Award for Excellence
This special award was created in memory of Raymond Hopp, who served as the President of HK Metalcraft. Hopp was strongly dedicated to workforce development and advocacy for the NJ manufacturing community. The ideal candidate will meet most, if not all, of the following criteria
- Have a minimum of 20 years involvement in the Manufacturing Industry
- How many years has the candidate been involved in the Manufacturing Industry? What is his/her tie to manufacturing (i.e. own a mfg company, worked in mfg, etc.)
- Display exquisite morality in business- which can be evidenced by how he/she treats business associates, peers and employees.
- How does the candidate treat others (employees, peers, business associates), how would employees or associates describe him?
- Be an innovative, creative, forward-thinking entrepreneur/business person.
- Is the candidate innovative, forward-thinking etc… please describe how and provide an example.
- Understand the importance of networking.
- What types of networking events/groups does the candidate attend or get involved in? How often does the candidate attend or participate etc.
- Be actively involved in associations that support manufacturing directly and/or indirectly.
- Is the candidate involved with any associations that support the manufacturing industry?
- Have a passion for continuing education.
- What are the candidate’s views on continuing education?
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and explore new technologies.
- How does the candidate adapt to new technologies: does he/she dive right in, express an interest and take the time to learn or does he/she leave new technology up to someone else?
- Exhibit an obvious respect for diversity and cultural awareness.
- Community– Does the candidate “give back”? What types of activities or involvement does the candidate have with charitable organizations?
Made In NJ Honor Roll
These awards are given out to non-manufacturers who have had a positive impact on Manufacturing. This award is a way to recognize the non-manufacturers for their contributions to manufacturing. (i.e. Legislators, Educators, others.)
Affiliate Member of the Year
These awards are given out to our affiliates who have had a positive impact on Manufacturing. For this award the nominee must be an NJMEP Affiliate member.
For any questions regarding MFG Day or the NJMEP Manufacturing Awards please contact Lynore DeSantis via email LDeSantis@njmep.org or phone 973-998-9801.
Sponsors and Partners
Thank you to all of our Manufacturing Day 2019 sponsors and partners!