Karen Evanko has worked over twenty-five years in the manufacturing business with extensive experience in:
- Quality systems — ISO, SPC, Error proofing
- Engineering — extrusion, tooling, equipment, try-outs
- Manufacturing Operations — assembly, painting, stamping, plastic processing, die cast, and warehousing
- Program management — product launches, supplier review
- Cost analysis — profit and loss, bill of materials
- Supervision — Union and non-union employees
As Karen progressed through management levels at General Motors Corporation she initiated resolution of many issues through various engineering analysis, reduction variation team meetings and extensive supplier reviews.
Some of her success stories include:
- A 33% improvement in quality and 10% improvement in productivity while supervising over 40 union employees.
- As the Engineering Program Manager she coordinated product activity worth $235 million in annual sales and supported initiatives to reduce rejected parts per million by 80%
- Part of engineering team which reduced customer complaints by 25% in one year by focusing on the customers needs
- Designed, developed and implemented a system, which along with synchronous production, improved quality and reduced scrap to 5% or less.
- As compliance coordinator, she was instrumental in several successful ISO9001 audits.
An ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Karen holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Kettering University (formerly GMI Engineering and Management Institute).
Phone: (609) 818-0184