YOUR OPINION COUNTS!
Help us gather intelligence pertaining to the workforce challenges that the industry currently faces.
Your response will impact the development of a highly skilled workforce.
Talent Networks have significantly contributed to New Jersey’s economic growth throughout the years. Working directly with employers to develop partnerships, Talent Networks leverage opportunities to cultivate a pipeline of talent aligned with the needs of their targeted industries. As a result, Talent Networks promote the state’s highly-skilled workforce with education and occupational training through the creation of apprenticeships and other career pathways. It is projected that by 2025, the nation-wide manufacturing workforce will have a deficit of up to 3 million skilled workers.
The Advanced Manufacturing Talent Network, hosted by NJMEP, operates within the state’s talent development system. It builds workforce competencies by promoting the alignment of employer needs, market analysis trends, and workforce skills within the manufacturing sector. Strategies to promote this alignment will come from: Targeted Industry Partnerships (TIPs), the state’s Workforce Development Board, high school career and technical education programs (CTE), community colleges, universities and other providers of technical and apprenticeship opportunities. The Advanced Manufacturing Talent Network develops strategies to meet the skill needs of employers and facilitate the creation of career pathways with varying access points.
The Advanced Manufacturing Talent Network:
- Serves as an industry liaison between manufacturing employers and the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, and provides industry intelligence on workforce trends and the workforce needs of employers.
- Serves as a means for industry training and education.
- Provides potential employees with resources for prospective career opportunities.
A Call to Action:
What’s next? We want to encourage your participation as we gather intelligence of the industry’s workforce needs, and share that information with institutions that will incorporate those needs as they develop programs to address your workforce challenges. Nothing could be simpler, or more effective.
Annually, NJMEP will host two Industry Summits to exchange pertinent information on key workforce issues and other important employer needs and experiences:
- State-of-the-State New Jersey Manufacturing Summit – April 4th and April 6th
- ‘Made in New Jersey’ National Manufacturing Day – October 5th
Targeted Industry Partnerships (TIPS) Events:
- Technology Forum: Increase your CNC Productivity, Branchburg, NJ – 2/20/18
- Pathways to Success Opportunity in collaboration with Rutgers University, Newark, NJ – 2/27/18
- Make It – Move It, in collaboration with the Middlesex County Regional Chamber of Commerce, North Brunswick, NJ – 2/28/18
- NJ Big Data Alliance, Ewing, NJ – 3/8/18