We the undersigned are pleased to support New Jersey Manufacturing Extension Program, Inc. (NJMEP) and Thomas Edison State University (TESU) as Core Partners in developing this proposal for the U.S. Department of Labor’s America’s Promise Grant Program. The purpose of the proposed grant project, now called the Pro-Action Network, is to assist young adults, underemployed, dislocated workers, veterans, and other adult workers enter the job market or advance through accelerated technology-based training and education pathways – especially in the manufacturing & STEM-Support Industry Sectors.
- Provide assistance in recruitment of and outreach to employers;
- Facilitate employer engagement in the development of career pathways, work-based learning and on-the-job training opportunities;
- Provide information on certifications matched to employer needs;
- Provide Apprenticeships and other key employment opportunities;
- Encourage use of talent planning tools and strategies by small and medium, high growth companies that support forecasting and talent innovation;
We (each) intend to serve as a partner to NJMEP & TESU on this project. We recognize the participation by the manufacturing industry, education and industry-based organizations will be critical to the success of these training programs in producing qualified workers. With the U.S. Department of Labor’s support through the America’s Promise Grant; through the Pro-Action Network program will implement innovations to training programs to more quickly produce the types of workers needed in our State and our Region.
We look forward to participating in this program as a key certification / credential process in the Manufacturing & STEM areas to expand opportunities for employment and growth for individuals and for the companies that invest in the effort as well.