The Preventive Controls for Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) regulation is intended to ensure safety of imported food into the United States.
The regulation requires importers to verify that food they import into the United States is produced in compliance with the hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls and standards for produce safety provisions of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the FD&C Act), is not adulterated, and is not misbranded with respect to food allergen labeling.
The following course will provide the knowledge to implement the requirements of the Foreign Supplier Verification Program for importers of food for humans and animals.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Build the foundation for the FSVP process in which importers can evaluate products and supplies to against the verification requirements.
- Conduct supplier verification activities, corrective action and complete the approval process.
- Implement a compliant recording system.
- Understand the FDA’s role in the FSVP.
The Participant will receive a certificate of successful completion for the course after passing a written knowledge test following the training course.
This course is designed for:
- U.S. Based importers
- Manufacturers who import product ingredients and packaging
- PCQI if assisting importers
- Third Party Auditors
- GSFI Leads
Course Length – 16 Hours
When: September 30, 2019 – October 1, 2019
Start: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Location: NJMEP Training Center, 2 Ridgedale Ave #305, Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
Workshop price includes materials, breakfast and lunch
Price Per Person:
Special Promotion Price (Limited Time) – $675.00 per person