The following course will provide the knowledge to implement the requirements of the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs for importers of food for humans and animals. This course will provide participants with the knowledge to implement the requirements of the “Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals” regulation of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This regulation is one of a number of regulations and guidance that implement the provisions of the 2011 Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), which focuses on safe food practices. The FSVP curriculum was designed by regulatory, academia, and industry professionals and developed with funding from FDA as part of the FSPCA. Attending this course will help you understand the FSVP requirements and how those requirements can be met in your particular circumstance.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Build the foundation for the FSVP process in which importers can evaluate products and supplies to against the verification requirements.
- Conduct supplier verification activities (i.e. hazard analysis, evaluation, and approvals, establish written procedures, implement corrective actions- if needed)
- How to keep required records and documentation
- How to identify the FSVP importer at entry
- Understand the FDA’s regulation in detail to effectively implement compliance, including key differences between standard, modified, and exempt requirements.
This will be delivered by Lead Instructor (certificate #240a5299) for the FSPCA FSVP Course. In addition to the FSPCA course completion requirements, our delivery will require passing an exam, then the participant will receive a certificate.
This course is designed for:
- U.S.-based importers (human and/or animal food) who meet the definition of “importer” in the FSVP rule, which includes those who own or are the consignee of food at the time of entry, or, if no owner or consignee exists, the U.S. agent or representative of the foreign owner.
- Others who have an interest in ensuring that the requirements of the FSVP rule are met, including brokers, exporters, foreign suppliers of food that will be exported to the U.S., persons/business owners who currently buy food from foreign sources, and representatives of foreign governments.
|Dates||March 23 – 26, 2021|
|Times||8:30 AM – 12:30 PM|
|Location||Online — Virtual Training|
We must receive your payment prior to the class to guarantee your participation. Payment methods accepted: company check or credit card (Amex, Visa or MasterCard). There will be no refunds for this training.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kathleen Baldwin at 973-998-9801 or email@example.com