Even if you have never studied Spanish, you will learn to directly communicate with employees with limited English capability.
This relaxed informal workshop provides a quick assist to the communication challenges of
supervising workers whose first language is Spanish. A non-Spanish speaker can quickly and logically learn techniques of communicating essential information and instructions in Spanish.
It’s all about Understanding and Being Understood.
- Understanding of one’s own culture and values and how they are perceived
- Identifying the cultures within the work environment (ethnic, generational, religious, etc)
- Awareness and acknowledgment of differences
- Knowledge, skills, and techniques to manage the differences effectively
Content will incorporate many of the following areas:
- Proper address and greetings
- Physical considerations (touching, gestures, personal distance etc.)
- Using people’s names correctly and respectfully
- Formality and informality
- Noticing body language and non-verbal cues
- Establishing rapport with members of other cultures
- Question techniques and determining understanding
- Bridging language and accent barriers
- More effective listening techniques
- Avoiding misunderstandings
- Increased understanding and tolerance of cultural differences
- Stronger idea of ways to manage cultural differences and build rapport
- Establishing a base for more advanced, in-depth cultural competency training if required