The first Friday of October marks National Manufacturing Day. The holiday was established to expand the knowledge about and improve the public’s perception of U.S. manufacturing. This includes emphasizing the importance of American manufacturing to our economy and educating the public about the value of U.S. manufacturing careers. As part of the celebration, manufacturers from around the country open their doors for open houses and events.
Mark your calendars now for Friday, October 3rd for the Third Annual National Manufacturing Day!
NJMEP is already working with industry leaders from around the state to build upon the success from last year’s activities. Particularly, we are looking to hold another Made in New Jersey celebration. Last year, the Made in New Jersey breakfast was hosted by NJMEP and Rutgers University and honored our Made in New Jersey manufacturers. The theme of the event was NJ Supply Chain: A Key Player in the Global Environment and included keynote speeches, networking opportunities, a panel discussion (Why New Jersey?) and a presentation of Made in New Jersey Plaques. Click here for a recap of the 2013 Made in New Jersey Breakfast and click here to view pictures from the celebration.
Other highlights from Manufacturing Day, 2013:
- 48 states and Puerto Rico participated in the event
- More than 834 organizations hosted open houses and events
- Over 35,000 people attended Manufacturing Day activities
- Thousands of articles covered Manufacturing Day including the Wall Street Journal. Huffington Post, Industry Week and US News and World Report
- 15 Governors issued official proclamations and 9 floor speeches were delivered in Congress
Stay tuned for updates from NJMEP regarding Manufacturing Day, 2014!