Nutrition Labeling Learning Workshop: Discussing How to Understand the FDA Nutrition Fact Panel Labeling Updates
Presenter: Juliana Canale, LI PCQI, LI FSVP, Seafood HACCP & HACCP Certified
On May 27, 2016, the FDA published final rules on the new Nutrition Facts label for packaged foods to reflect new scientific information, including the link between diet and chronic diseases such as obesity and heart disease. The new label will make it easier for consumers to make better informed food choices.
Workshop will review:
- Visual review of old vs. new labels formatting changes
- Added Sugars Requirements
- Serving Size Changes
- Supplement Fact Label Changes
- Labeling Single Serve vs. Multi-Serving Packages
- Compliance Dates
- Record keeping Authority Requirements
Space is limited – early registration will ensure your participation!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kathleen Baldwin at 973-998-9801 or firstname.lastname@example.org