The purpose of the food defense plan is to prevent food products being adulterated from any source inside or outside the company. Such acts intended to cause wide-spread harm to public health, including but not limited to acts of terrorism intending to target food supply, could cause illness, death and economic turmoil to the food supply. Implementing an effective food defense plan will allow for the prevention, protection against, mitigation, response time and recovery from any intentional adulteration of our food supply. Furthermore, food defense is already a requirement for all GFSI accredited Food Safety Management Systems (SQF, BRC etc.).
The following course will dive deep into the understanding of food defense requirements and how to create a customized food defense plan for their facility.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential threats to the food manufacturing process from internal/externals sources.
- Devise a food defense plan; physical/procedural countermeasures identifying risk, plan execution testing and creating a crisis management program.
- Create broad and focused mitigations strategies, vulnerability assessments and scenarios to test facility’s readiness.
- Develop recall programs in response to intentional adulteration.
The participant will receive a certificate of success completion for the course after passing a written knowledge test following the training class.
This course is designed for:
- Senior Management at your plant/distribution center
- Risk and Compliance Managers
- SQF Practitioners, SQF Auditors and SQF Consultants
- Business Owners, selected supervisory team members and specialists (HR, IT, security personnel, etc.) who work at your company and who wish to gain an insight into how to develop, write and implement this mandatory Food Defense system.
Course Length – 8 Hours