Internal Auditing for Food Safety Management Systems Course Description
Internal auditing is one of the main requirements for a food safety management system (FSMS) and the most effective way to evaluate its effectiveness. Once a food safety management system is in place and implemented, the only way to verify that all requirements of the system are being implemented correctly is through an internal auditing program.
The following course will provide you with the knowledge to conduct an internal food safety audit against any GFSI approved food safety standards; including FFSC 22000, BRC, SQF and IFS. You will learn the process of creating an audit schedule, which would include all food safety legal requirements for a facility to ensure consistent compliance. Participants will also have the opportunity to create an individual internal audit plan.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop an internal auditing plan.
- Recognize keys elements of audit plans and schedules.
- Create and audit reports.
- Follow up on corrective actions.
- Identify best practices for ensuring that internal audits are a success.
The participant will receive a certificate of success completion for the course after passing a written knowledge test following the training class.
The course is designed for:
- Internal Food Safety Auditors
- Second party auditors
- Quality Control/Assurance personnel
- Production Management/Supervisors
Course Length – 24 Hours