NJMEP News: 2015 in Review
Manufacturing Day Recap
Friday, October 2nd, 2015 marked our annual Made in New Jersey event in celebration of the fourth annual National Manufacturing Day. More than 400+ attendees gathered for networking, keynote speeches, panel discussions and the NJ Manufacturing awards.
Include a Manufacturing Day Sponsorship in your 2016 Budget
Friday, October 7th, 2015 will mark our annual Made in New Jersey event in celebration of the fifth annual National Manufacturing Day. Sponsors receive numerous benefits and ongoing exposure on our website, e-mails, press releases and more! As you solidify your budget for the new year, include a sponsorship for Manufacturing Day 2016.
For more information, contact Lynore DeSantis at 973-998-9801 or email@example.com.
NJMEP Announces Impact of 2.8 billion on NJ’s Manufacturers and Over 22,740 Jobs created or retained.
The $2.8 billion in value was realized through the following: $2.1 billion in increased and retained sales, $316 million in cost savings and $460 million in investments.
NJMEP Wins Re-Compete from U.S. Commerce Department’s NIST to Assist NJ Manufacturers:
NJMEP has been selected as the recipient of the Cooperative Agreement for the state of New Jersey’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership from the US Commerce Department’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
ISO Certification: Receive a Complimentary Evaluation
Many manufacturers have been inquiring about ISO Certification, particularly about the ISO 9001:2015 update. As a manufacturer, obtaining or updating ISO Certification can significantly impact how you attract and retain customers. NJMEP is offering a complimentary evaluation.
NJMEP’s Advisory Board Announced
The NJMEP Advisory Board consists of industry leaders and manufacturing experts. Their input is critical to helping NJMEP foster its mission of supporting the NJ manufacturing community.
NJMEP Welcomes New Affiliate Members
Various organizations and individuals have been joining the NJMEP family as elite and standard affiliate members. NJMEP would like to thank all of its supporters and encourages you to learn more about them.
NJ Manufacturers Donate 2.5 Tons of Food through NJMEP / CIANJ Food Drive
The food drive is part of an ongoing program called Manufacturing Cares, where NJMEP and partners work with NJ’s manufacturers to give back to the community.
MarketShift Conferences Deemed Resounding Success by NJ Manufacturers
The primary focus of these programs, Destination Innovation™ jumpstart and ExporTech™ Intensive, is to offer innovative solutions to establish and promote businesses within the global marketplace.
ProAction Network™ News
Note: The ProAction Network™ is the Consulting Division of NJMEP and was formed to provide independent and leading-edge business improvement models to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Complimentary White Paper Published: 9 Key Ways NJ Manufacturers can Improve Profitability
This White Paper will provide insight into nine critical topics that will help you improve operational performance and drive organizational growth.
New: Supply Chain, Transportation and Logistic Services
According to Company Logistics Cost and Service Database, logistics costs end up being approximately 9% of sales, and transportation makes up 50% of those logistics costs. Utilizing NJMEP’s new services will reduce operating costs and increase revenue and profitability.
Small Business Lean Program Combines In-Person Consultations and Online Training Courses
The Small Business Lean program utilizes this unique combo to offer flexibility for smaller manufacturers looking to improve their processes at lower costs.
NJ Manufacturing News from Around the State
- Officials and Legislators are Touring Manufacturing Facilities around the State: read more.
- Made in New Jersey Event in Celebration of Manufacturing Day Featured in Optimum Community / Cablevision Segment: read more.
- Hillside Candy LLC Earns SQF Level 3 Certification: read more.
- Putting their Money where their Heart is: read more.
- Experts Select Belleville Wire Cloth as a “Featured Family Business”: read more.
- Women in Manufacturing Launches Community Chapter in New Jersey: read more.
- United States Technologies, Inc. Announces the Purchase of Broadband Wireless, LLC: read more.
- Unionwear Leader Featured in Podcast on a Blog about Lean: read more.
- NJMEP’s CEO Participates in CIANJ’s Manufacturing Summit: read more.
- NJ Jobs Program Helps Match Unemployed with Companies: read more.
- NJMEP Board Member Donald H. Sebastian Named Innovation Healthcare Hero by NJBIZ: read more.
Are you a manufacturer in New Jersey and have news to share? We want to hear it! Click here to submit your news for consideration in the next edition of Manufacturing Matters.
NJMEP Success Stories
NJMEP’s clients are realizing increased sales and reduced costs through our various services. To learn more, read their success stories:
- Small Smart Investment Delivers Excellent Results: read more.
- Manufacturer Responds to Market Demand – Implements ISO: read more.
- Increased Sales and Cost Savings Achieved as a Result of Workforce Training: read more.
- Contingency Planning and Workforce Training Builds Resilience: read more.
- Skills4Jersey Training Grant Positions Company for Growth: read more.
- Multiple Programs Dramatically Improve Manufacturer’s Operations: read more.
- DOT Hazmat Training Keeps Costly Fines at Bay: read more.
- Grow your Company with a Forward Thinking Well-Equipped Team: read more.
- CPIM Certification and Upgraded Skills Position Company for Growth: read more.
- Investments in Training Help Lighting Manufacturer Triumph Over Superstorm: read more.
- NSF Certification Positions Commercial Bakery to Expand its Customer Base: read more.