We are now accepting nominations for the 2016 New Jersey Manufacturing Awards. The winners will be announced live at our annual “Made in New Jersey” event in celebration of the fifth annual National Manufacturing Day on Friday, October 7th. Award categories include:
- Manufacturer of the Year – Small (50 or less employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Medium (between 51 and 250 employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Large (251 employees or more)
- Innovator of the Year
- Raymond Hopp Award for Excellence
The deadline for submissions is August 12th.
Nominees must demonstrate industry leadership, innovation, growth through revenues or profits, and a commitment to the growth and development of its employees and communities. Nominees will be evaluated based on factors such as:
- Operations and Continuous Improvements
- Management Philosophy
- Workforce Development
- Supply Chain Development
The Innovator of the Year can be an individual or group of people (single professional, team, organization, non-profit, association, entity, etc.) using innovation to improve business, better the NJ manufacturing community, or positively impact a STEM-related field. Examples of innovation include creative new devices, ideas, inventions, processes, product enhancements and solutions to problems.
This special award was created in memory of Raymond Hopp, who served as the President of HK Metalcraft. Hopp was strongly dedicated to workforce development and advocacy for the NJ manufacturing community. The ideal candidate will meet most, if not all, of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 20 years involvement in the NJ manufacturing community.
- Display exquisite morality in business, which can be evidenced by how he / she treats business associates, peers and employees.
- Be an innovative, creative, forward thinking entrepreneur / business person.
- Understand the importance of networking.
- Play an active role in associations that support manufacturing directly and / or indirectly.
- Have a passion for continuing education.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and explore new technologies.
- Demonstrate an obvious respect for diversity and cultural awareness.
For any questions prior to submission, contact Lynore DeSantis at (973) 998-9801 or email@example.com.
E-mail your completed submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st. NJ Manufacturing Awards Nomination should be used in the subject line.
Sponsors and Partners
Thank you to all of our Manufacturing Day 2016 sponsors and partners! If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click here for more information.
Special thanks to the NJMEP Board of Directors for their ongoing support of Manufacturing Day!