A program specifically geared towards helping NJ manufacturers recover.
Immediately after Hurricane Sandy struck, NJMEP and its resources worked together with its family of expert partners to develop a Program specifically geared towards helping NJ manufacturers recover. The Super Storm Emergency Program provides training and consulting to manufacturers that will impact their companies in a fundamental, real-life way.
The Program includes 15 days of key training and support in disaster preparation, prevention, recovery and growth:
- Disaster Recovery – What do you do now that there’s been a catastrophic event? If your company doesn’t have a formalized plan in place, you’re in danger of losing everything – not just from the event, but from a bungled recovery.
- Data Recovery and Retention – How likely are you to be able to save all your corporate documents, records, files, orders, and invoices, in the event of a fire, flood, malicious employee or other unpredictable event? If you don’t have a good understanding of the risk and your liability – you need to attend this workshop.
- Emergency Management – Where do your people turn when there’s a crisis? How can you keep your employees and customers’ safe and calm? Effective communication and team leadership is necessary to deliver the required response and recovery so your business can limit disruption and protect its people and revenue.
- Continuity & Contingency Planning – Illness, transit strikes, blizzards, power outage, supply chain disruption, and acts of workplace violence. These are only a few of the unforeseen events outside your control that can have a dramatic affect on your business and revenues. You cannot stop many of these events from occurring, but you can be prepared with a response that can reduce the potential damage and liability.
- Succession Planning – Workers leave, change jobs in your business, or they quit. When this happens, how deep is your bench of talent? Learn the warning signs of “too many eggs in one basket” and how to plan for the successor in any given role. This is especially important when recovering from a disaster.
- Mitigating your Energy Risks – If the lights go off, are you left in the dark? It’s far more than the cost of time off, it’s the possible loss of customers and reputation that comes from not having a secure and controlled energy plan. Learn here what steps you can take to protect yourself from outages and get back on your feet quickly and what financial options are available to make changes.
- Climate Security and Insurance – You’ll be amazed at what your policy doesn’t cover. As storms get more powerful, deductibles rise and politicians remain inactive. Where does that leave the average businessman in a world where individual companies and entire supply chains are more vulnerable than ever to wildfires, droughts, floods and storms? This training will help you understand what to look out for in your policies and who will or won’t help you.
- Environmental Impacts of Natural Disaster – How’s your record with the DEP? What liability do you face if you deal with hazardous or controlled materials and your facility suffers from a dramatic event? How long will it take to get back up to speed? Who should you be talking to? Learn this and more.
- Top-Line Growth & Innovation Engineering – Learn about cutting costs and growing your business while developing processes that can drive innovation. In a post-economic downturn and post-storm world, being proactive is your best defense and an even better offense in regards to building your business.
There is a possibility that some funding for the program may be provided for qualified companies in accordance with the New Jersey Department of Labor’s Recovery4Jersey training grants.
Applications will only be available for a short period of time, so applying now is critical!
Hurricane Sandy trial version of our Pro-Action Network Program
The Pro-Action Network Program is a retainer-based Program designed to maximize the value of our services to help manufacturers grow and succeed. Due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, we are offering a “Hurricane Sandy trial” of this package. Click here for more information.
To discuss the Super Storm Emergency Program or consultative services, contact John Kennedy, Chief Operating Officer of NJMEP, at email@example.com or 973-998-9801 today!