WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Help us gather intelligence pertaining to the workforce challenges that the industry currently faces.
Your response will impact the development of a highly skilled workforce.
“65 by 25 – Many Paths, One Future”
The New Jersey Talent Networks have significantly contributed to New Jersey’s economic growth throughout the years. The state of New Jersey has implemented the “65 by 25” initiative, in order to ensure that 65% of working-age adults earn more than a high school diploma – either a degree, certificate, or other industry-valued credential – by the year 2025. Currently, approximately only 50% of the New Jersey workforce meets these criteria.
Hosted by NJMEP, the Transportation, Logistics & Distribution Talent Network leverages opportunities to cultivate pipelines of talent that align with the needs of TLD and Manufacturing industries. As a result of building partnerships, identifying and addressing the staffing needs of employers, and conducting market-trend and workforce-skills analysis, we align the state’s workforce with the optimal education, occupational training, and apprenticeship opportunities in order to address employer staffing/skills gaps, provide candidates with important degree credits and/or certifications, as well as valuable and clear career pathways.
The Transportation, Logistics & Distribution Talent Network:
- Serves as a means for industry training and education.
- Provides potential employees with resources for prospective career opportunities.
- Serves as an industry liaison between employers and the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, and provides industry intelligence on workforce trends and the workforce needs of employers.
Targeted Industry Partnerships (TIPs) – The Talent Networks nurture and coordinate collaboration between key partners in private industry, education/training providers, workforce development advocates, and others. Key player may include:
- Private Industry Employers
- Workforce Development Boards through New Jersey
- High School career and technical education programs (CTE)
- Community colleges, universities and other providers of technical and apprenticeship opportunities
- Community and/or Faith-based outreach involvement
Annually, NJMEP will host two Industry Summits to provide employers a platform to share and reveal key workforce issues and other important needs and experiences:
- State-of-the-State New Jersey Manufacturing Summit
- ‘Made in New Jersey’ National Manufacturing Day
Contact us! We want to encourage your participation as we gather intelligence of the industry’s workforce needs. We will share that information with institutions that will, in turn, develop programs to address your workforce challenges.
We look forward to hearing from you and anticipate your active participation!
OUR TLD Talent Network Team
Eric Aerts, Director 973-998-9801 EAerts@njmep.org
Constantina Meis, Program Manager 973-998-9801 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Martinelli, Program Manager 973-998-9801 Rmartinelli@njmep.org