Manufacturing In NJ
Joseph Oat Corporation
About Joseph Oat Corporation:
Joseph Oat is an integrated designer and manufacturer of metal fabricated products for the Chem/Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Refining, Pharma/Biopharma, Mining, Pulp & Paper and other industrial process industries, as well as for the Nuclear Power and Rad-Waste markets. Founded in 1788, Joseph Oat has been a family owned and operated business for over 200 years, and is the oldest continuously operating manufacturer in the United States. Since its inception in the late 1700's, Joseph Oat has provided high quality commercial equipment to the process industry. During the 20th century, our products centered mainly on pressure vessels and heat exchangers, and we were among the first companies to receive ASME’s authorization to supply this type of equipment. It is still common to have customers call us with questions about successfully operating equipment we fabricated over 60 years ago.
Currently, Joseph Oat produces large and complex shell & tube heat exchangers, columns, towers, reactors, mixers, as well as other specialty pressure vessels and weldments for highly corrosive and severe power and industrial process applications. Our extensive material fabrication capabilities include austenitic 300 series stainless steels; super austenitic and duplex stainless steels, including 904L, AL6XN, 254SMO, 2205, 2507; high nickel "super" alloys, including alloys 600, 625, 800, C-22, C-276; reactive metals, especially titanium, and zirconium; as well as many other materials, including weld overlays and explosive clad metals. Additionally, we can offer internal and external polishing of our equipment, and have supplied reactors with mechanical polish followed by electro-polish to a super mirror finish.
Highlights of Joseph Oat’s special capabilities:
- ISO 9001 certified by TUV since 1994
- ASME Section VIII, Division 1 ‘U’ and Division 2 ‘U-2’ stamps; ASME Section I ‘S’ Stamp
- ASME Section III, Classes 1, 2, 3 with Nuclear Stamp Certifications: 'N' , 'NPT', 'NA', ‘NS’
- QA Program audited by NUPIC and complies with NQA-1, 10CFR50 App. B, ANSI N45.2
- 'N' stamp certification held continuously since 1966.
- Experienced and highly capable in-house engineering department
- Membership in TEMA (original member), HTRI, ASME, EWI, AISC
- Large 140,000 sq. ft. (12,600 sq. m) shop with 200 ton lifting capacity and 55 ft (16.5 m) under hook
- Equipment overall envelope capability of approximately 22 ft (6.6 m) dia. and 200 ft (60 m) long
- Tubesheets up to 15 ft (4.5 m) dia. and 10 inches (25.5 cm) thick
- State-of-the-Art 20,000 sq. ft (1,800 sq. m) climate-controlled clean room with retractable roof
- Equipment shipped by truck, rail, or barge/ship (Located in an international shipping port)
In addition, you may wish to view our capabilities online and download our brochures by visiting the Joseph Oat Web site at www.josephoat.com. We Make Metal Work®
NJ Congressional District: 1