The Train-the-Mentor Program focuses on training leaders or supervisors within your organization who have mentoring tasks within their existing jobs.
NJMEP is offering a $255 scholarship toward Train-the-Mentor
Mentors are an invaluable resource in any industry, especially when it comes to manufacturing, logistics, or technical sales. The knowledge they’ve accumulated over their career and their ability to pass down this experience to other employees play a vital role in a company’s future. It takes more than just having a mentor to reap the benefits of these valuable employees. Having a clear understanding of the role of a mentor, being able to deliver effective feedback, using mentoring as a long-term employee development strategy, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, effective communication, motivation, and experience with trouble-shooting approaches to encourage employee development is essential.
This course could be helpful to you if:
- You are developing a mentoring program in your organization
- You have existing apprentices whose mentors need additional support or guidance
- Your experienced workers need support in implementing the organization’s succession plan
- Your organization is thinking of implementing an Apprenticeship Program and your potential mentors need the training to support apprenticeship development and implementation
Train-the-Mentor Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be able to…
- Understand the role of the mentor
- Identify and utilize the steps in delivering effective feedback
- Utilize mentoring as a long-term employee development strategy
- Practice improved problem-solving and conflict resolutions skills
- Use effective communication, motivation, and troubleshooting approaches to enhance employee development
Engineer Showing Apprentice How To Use CNC Tool Making Machine
Train-the-Mentor offers value to business leaders in search of a comprehensive course focused on offering training leaders and supervisors a way to improve their mentorship abilities. This four-day course is split up between four months to give the students an opportunity to test what they learn in the real world. Train-the-Mentor is only one workforce development pathway included in NJMEP’s Pro-Action Education Network™. There are a variety of options meet a business’s specific workforce development needs.
NJMEP’s Pro-Action Education Network™ is a statewide, scalable platform developed to provide training and support for students and incumbent workers with the goal of creating a pipeline of qualified workers for industrial sectors across new jersey. There are a variety of different pathways within the Pro-Action Education Network™ to meet specific workforce challenges. To learn more about all the unique pathways the Pro-Action Education Network™ provides, visit the Pro-Action Education Network™ page.
The first 10 people to register get an additional $20 off enrollment cost!