CELEBRATE LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION, AND GROWTH IN MANUFACTURING
The New Jersey ‘MADE in NJ Manufacturing Day Awards Allow Businesses the Opportunity to Be Recognized and Celebrated as Industry and Community Leaders
WHAT ARE THE ‘MADE in NJ’ MANUFACTURING DAY MANUFACTURING AWARDS?
For the past decade, in celebration of National Manufacturing Day, NJMEP has hosted ‘MADE in New Jersey’ Manufacturing Day, offering attendees the opportunity to network, learn, and connect with the information and resources available to New Jersey businesses. Over the past 11 years, this event has grown into the largest manufacturing networking event on the east coast. For NJMEP, every day is Manufacturing Day, but this event provides the opportunity to create awareness for the manufacturing sector, the available career opportunities, and the advanced technologies that are helping drive the industry forward.
Winners of the Manufacturing Awards are announced and presented to the winning manufacturers at the 11th annual ‘MADE in NJ’ Manufacturing Day on October 6th in front of over 1,000 attendees!
Every year, manufacturers from all over the state get the opportunity to nominate themselves or another business for the New Jersey ‘MADE in NJ’ Manufacturing Day Manufacturing Awards! These awards are intended to showcase businesses that demonstrate leadership or innovation within their industry, that have demonstrated success through growth in revenues or profits, and businesses that are committed to the growth and development of their employees and community. There are quite a few different categories in which you can nominate or be nominated:
- Manufacturer of the Year – Small (1-50 employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Medium (51-250 employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Large (251+ employees)
- Manufacturer of the Year – Young/Start Up (in business 5 years or less)
- Leaders in Life Sciences
- Rising Stars Award – Celebrating the ‘Year of Women in Manufacturing’
- Innovator of the Year
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To be considered as a nominee for any of the New Jersey Manufacturing Awards, you’ll need to fill out a brief form with your nominee(s) details and answer a brief questionnaire. Nomination forms are limited to 2,000 words or less and include the following:
- Introductory Statement – a statement that explains why your company deserves to win, including what sets your company apart from competitors.
- Operations and continuous improvements – examples of how operations continue to evolve and how technology is used.
- Management Philosophy – include examples of how upper management works with staff to generate goals.
- Workforce Development – include examples of initial or ongoing employee training.
- Supply Chain Development – explain how the company manages inventory, vendor relations, and delivers products/materials to customers.
This brief questionnaire allows an Examination Board made up of industry experts to get a closer glimpse of how your business operates, how you’ve managed to outpace competitors, and what sets your company culture and ethos apart from the rest of the industry.
NOMINATE YOUR BUSINESS!
If you feel like your business qualifies for one or more of the categories laid out above and would like to nominate your own business, head over to the Manufacturing Day Event Details Page and fill out the short form!
This opportunity provides your business with some great exposure to our network and grants you visibility within the industry—just be sure to get your nominations in before the deadline on August 11! If you have questions or would like to learn more about sponsoring or participating in ‘MADE in NJ’ Manufacturing Day, contact NJMEP or call 973-998-9801.