Building Self Directed Work Teams- South
February 7, 2024 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$750.00
2/7 & 2/14/2024
This 16-hour course is designed to equip participants with the essential knowledge and skills needed to form and operate self-directed work teams. The course focuses on critical aspects of self-directed teamwork, from its foundational principles to advanced
techniques for problem-solving and continuous improvement.
Participants will learn how to define a self-directed team, build team cohesion, and understand communication techniques. They will also delve into the roles of leaders and supervisors in fostering a self-directed environment.
Key Principles for Teams:
1) Empowerment: Team members should be empowered to make decisions.
2) Collective Responsibility: Cultivate a “WE vs. ME” culture.
3) Open Communication: Use tools like team boards for transparent communication.
4) Training: Invest in training sessions to equip teams with the necessary skills.
5) Fear-Free Environment: Create an atmosphere where mistakes are opportunities for learning.
6) Leadership Facilitation: Leaders should act as facilitators rather than micromanagers.
7) Span of Control: Understanding what each team member can control and act upon.
8) Freedom within Framework: Allow teams to operate within a set framework but with freedom to make decisions.
By the end of the course, participants will be well-versed in the theory and practical application of self-directed work teams, ready to implement these strategies in their own work settings for enhanced productivity and employee engagement.