- This event has passed.
CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) Training
February 15, 2022 @ 12:00 am - February 17, 2022 @ 12:00 am
Upon completion of this three day course students will have a deep understadning on CNC milling setup and programing. This course will cover the following modules;
- Milling Tools, Material.
- Tool geometry, endmill types and uses
- Material consideration in milling. Introduction to feeds and speeds
- Mill Work Holding
- Introduction to different types of work holding (vises, clamps, and magnetic plates) and their uses in CNC milling
- CNC Mill setup
- Familiarize the students with CNC Mill setup which includes reading and understanding the setup sheet, machine Power Up, jogging the machine, loading cutting tools in the tool changer, setting the work offsets, setting the tool length offset, loading, checking, and running the program
- CNC Programing
- Understanding absolute and incremental positioning
- Introduction to CNC G codes (G00, G01) linear interpolation and circular interpolation
- Preparatory G codes
- Inch / Metric Selection (G20, G21)
- Work Coordinate Selection (G54-59)
- Tool Length Compensation (G43)
- Reference point and return (G28)
- Another way to return to machine zero (G53)
- Circular Plane Selection (G17, G18, G19)
- Miscellaneous M codes
- Program format
- Canned cycles
- Drilling canned cycles
- Circular pocket Milling
- Cutter compensation (G40, G41, G42)
Space is limited, register early to ensure your spot.
We must receive your payment prior to the class to guarantee your participation. Payment methods accepted: company check or credit card (Amex, Visa or MasterCard). There will be no refunds for this training.
Please contact Kathleen Baldwin, Sales Support Manager at NJMEP with any questions or need of further assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org 973-998-9801 ext. 211 Please let us know of any dietary restrictions.