- This event has passed.
Project Management Essentials
August 3, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm$750.00
The organization is continually required to complete time-phased work activities to solve a problem, correct a situation or create a unique product or process. The tool typically used to accomplish that is a project. The project results in a successful outcome when planned and managed appropriately. Project planning and management to success is not rocket science. It is accomplished using common sense and determination.
This course is a comprehensive, practical discussion on how to realistically plan a project to ensure success and how to skillfully manage its progress to completion in the time predicted.
Course Outline – Project Management Essentials
• The nature of projects and why they are initiated
• How projects solve organizational obstructions
• Easily describe the needed organization solution or deliverable
• Outline the minimum deliverable success requirements
• Identify the necessary work to create the deliverables
• Logically sequence the work
• How to realistically estimate the time required to complete the work
• Issuing a practical project schedule
• How to assess corporate sensitivity to project cost
• Introducing quality in the project
• Effectively recruit project team members
• Practically manage project human resources
• Efficiently manage project communications
• Practically manage stakeholder expectations
• Easily monitor project progress
• Best practices in keeping the project on time
• Effectively rescue the project running late
This course is for project team members who wish to add to their skills, individuals looking to enhance their understanding and management of projects and executives who manage projects performed by others. Anyone taking this course will gain powerful insight into projects and project management.