Monmouth and Ocean business calendar
Originally posted in The Asbury Park Press.
- The state’s Business Action Center will present “New Jersey Resources for Business Growth” followed by networking at 4 p.m. in the Historic Strand, 400 Clifton Ave., Lakewood. Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno is the speaker. The event is hosted by the Lakewood Development Corp., Ocean County College, NJ Manufacturing Extension Program and the Ocean County Workforce Investment Board. Representatives from various state departments will be available to answer questions. The event is free. To register, visit www.lakewoodnj.gov/department/uez.
- Professionals under 50 are invited to join the newest addition to the Jersey Shore Chamber of Commerce, The Young Professionals Networking Group, for an evening of networking, camaraderie and food from 5 to 7 p.m. at Fratello’s Restaurant, 810 The Plaza, Sea Girt. Bring business cards. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for nonmembers. To register, call 732-280-8800.
- Join the Lakewood BlueClaws and local chambers of commerce for a business after hours event from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at FirstEnergy Park, 2 Stadium Way, Lakewood. Network with the Jersey Shore Chamber of Commerce, Brick Township Chamber of Commerce and the Howell Chamber of Commerce. In addition to networking the evening will include refreshments and a cash bar. The cost is $5 in advance or $10 at the door. Register by calling 732-280-8800 (Jersey Shore), 732-477-4949 (Brick) or 732-363-4114 (Howell).
- Join the Howell, Jackson and Greater Monmouth Chambers of Commerce for their joint networking event from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Park Nine Diner, Route 9 South, Freehold Township. The topic will be “Heart Healthy Decisions” kicking off February as the Heart Healthy Month. Dr. Janin Patel is the speaker. The cost is $20 for members, $25 for nonmembers. For reservations, call 732-363-4114 (Howell), 732-462-3030 (Monmouth) or 732-833-0005 (Jackson).
- An important tool in being an HR counselor, adviser and coach to employees and managers is the mastery of critical coaching conversations. Learn how to draw out information from clients and employees, and how to inspire and direct them at the meeting of the Jersey Shore Association for Human Resources from 8 to 10 a.m. at Jumping Brook Country Club, 210 Jumping Brook Road, Neptune. The registration fee, including a full buffet breakfast, is $30 for members, $40 for nonmembers, $25 for those in-transition, and $10 for full-time students. To register, call 732-701-7155.
- Jump start your business idea at a free workshop presented by SCORE Monmouth from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Middletown Township Library, 55 New Monmouth Road. Successful and experienced executives will help you reach a “go or no go” decision for starting a business with followup free ongoing mentoring. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Atlantic Highlands Chamber of Commerce will hold its annual meeting at 8:30 a.m. at the Atlantic Cinemas, 82 First Ave. in Atlantic Highlands. The chamber president, Chuck Lero, will present an overview of what the chamber accomplished in 2014 and what plans are being made for 2015. A breakfast buffet will be served at a cost of $8 for members and $15 for nonmembers. Call 732-872-8711 or email email@example.com for information.
- The New Jersey Society of Professional Journalists, the ACLU of New Jersey and the New Jersey Historical Society present a panel discussion on free speech at home and abroad entitled “Courage Under Fire” from 7 to 9 p.m. at the New Jersey Historical Society, 52 Park Place, Newark. Journalists, citizens and First Amendment experts will talk about the debate in newsrooms across the country about whether to publish the Charlie Hebdo cartoons and what citizens and journalists need to know about the arrest and release of news photographer Andrew Flinchbaugh in Ocean County after police confiscated the camcorder he used to videotape the aftermath of a serious car accident. The event is free, but registration is required. For information, call 862-576-1256.
- Shannon Murphy, assistant vice president/relationship manager in business and professional banking for M&T Bank, will present financial facts in a “Business Building Seminar” being held by the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce. Networking begins at 11:30 a.m., with lunch and program beginning at noon, at the Holiday Inn, Route 72, Stafford. The cost is $20 in advance, $25 at the door. For information, contact the chamber at 609-494-7211.
- Join the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce for its After Hours Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. at TGIFridays, Route 72, Stafford. The event is free to all businesspeople, just bring a business card to enter. There will be free appetizers, chances to win gift cards and a cash bar. For information, call 609-494-7211.
- Get your laugh on with the Lacey Chamber of Commerce at its Fourth Annual Valentine’s Comedy Night at the Captain’s Inn, 304 E. Lacey Road. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m. Cost for dinner and show is $45. For tickets, call 509-607-7670.
- Frank Congilose of C&A Financial is the guest speaker at the general membership meeting of the Jersey Shore Chamber of Commerce at 9 a.m. at Cafe Anna Bella, 1800 Route 34, Wall. The cost for the event is $25 for members in advance, and $30 for members at the door and nonmembers. For information, call 732-280-8800.
- Strategies for maximizing Social Security benefits will be discussed at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17 and again Feb. 18 at the Eastern Branch of the Monmouth County Library, 101 Route 34, Shrewsbury. The event is free. For information, call 866-941-8188.
- The Second Annual Mardi Gras Networking Event hosted by the Toms River Ocean County Chamber of Commerce will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. at Cuisine on the Green at Atlantic Golf Club, 261 Country Club Blvd., Little Egg Harbor. The registration free of $50 includes signature drink, appetizers, a New Orleans style menu, specialty coffee and dessert. For information, call 732-349-0220.
- Join the Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce and tour the world at the Shrewsbury Executive Offices, 788 Shrewsbury Ave., Building 2, Tinton Falls. Enjoy an evening of networking, international culinary tastings, Corona, margaritas and sangria from 5:30 to 8 p.m. The cost is $10 for members, $15 for nonmembers. For reservations, call 732-741-0044.
- Learn the value of Social Security, “rules of the road” for receiving benefits, ways to maximize benefits, income planning processes and more at a free retirement seminar held at 6 p.m. at the First Financial Federal Credit Union, Wayside Road, Neptune. Registration is required by calling 732-312-1565.
- The Fourth Annual Gibbons Employment & Labor Law Conference will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wyndham Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center, 175 Park Ave., Florham Park. The day will include general sessions and two breakout sessions and offers 5.0 CLE credits for New Jersey and New York. For information, call 973-596-4452.
- Michele Siekerka, president of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association, is the speaker for monthly meeting of the Ocean Employees Legislative Committee. She will discuss the 2015 legislative goals and how to improve the state’s business climate from 8 to 9:30 a.m. at the at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, 815 Route 37, Toms River. The meeting is open to the public. Registration is $20. To register, call 609-656-2600.
To read the original article, click here.