The Winners of the ‘MADE in New Jersey’ Manufacturing Day Awards Are . . .
The Results are in for ‘MADE in NJ’ MFG Day Awards
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey: NJMEP’s ‘MADE in New Jersey’ Manufacturing Day awards are an opportunity for manufacturers to be recognized as the Manufacturing of the Year (Small, Medium, and Large), Leaders in Life Sciences, and Innovator of the Year. The ‘MADE in New Jersey’ MFG Day awards also recognizes Women’s contribution to the manufacturing sector via the Rising Stars Awards and celebrates industry advocates with the ‘MADE in NJ’ Honor Roll.
“This event is one of the best opportunities to highlight the value of New Jersey manufacturing. ‘MADE in NJ’ Manufacturing Day 2023 had such an incredible turn out, nearly a thousand manufacturing business leaders, supporters, legislators, and students came out to connect, learn about the industry, and celebrate the manufacturers that took home the coveted title of ‘Manufacturer of the Year,’” said NJMEP’s CEO Peter Connolly excitedly after the event on October 6th. He continued, “2023 brought more eyes on the industry than ever. Students were connecting with employers, manufacturers were securing critical resources to help their businesses thrive, and everyone genuinely enjoyed a fun day and basked in the knowledge that manufacturing is beginning to get the respect it deserves.”
The winners were announced live at the 11th Annual “Made in New Jersey” Manufacturing Day event in front of nearly a thousand industry influencers, professionals, partners, and legislators. This selection of manufacturing organizations and professionals represents the best and brightest the industry has to offer! See the list of award winners below:
‘MADE in NJ’ Manufacturing Day Award Winners
- Manufacturer of the Year – Small | L-E-M Plastics & Supply Inc
- Manufacturer of the Year – Medium | Bestwork Industries for the Blind, Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year – Large | Nipro Pharma Packaging
- Leaders in Life Sciences | Weiss-Aug Group
- Rising Stars Award | Micaela B. Alvarez (Universal Nutrition)
- Innovator of the Year | Case Medical, Inc
‘MADE in NJ’ Honor Roll
- Senator Michael Testa Jr., NJ 1st Legislative District
- Pravina Raghavan, Director, Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program
- Christina Renna, President & CEO, Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey
- Dr. Anthony J. Iacono, President, County College of Morris
- Aaron Fichtner, President, New Jersey Council of County Colleges
- Steven Gerber, Esq., Secretary Emeritus, NJMEP
- Robert Loderstat, CEO Emeritus, NJMEP
‘MADE in NJ’ Manufacturing Day takes place each year on the first Friday of October. Next year on October 4th, NJMEP will once again host this critical day to celebrate the industry. Nominations for the 2024 ‘MADE in NJ’ Manufacturing Day awards will open in February 2024 on NJMEP.org. Every New Jersey manufacturer will once again have the opportunity to nominate themselves for a chance to take home these prestigious titles in the new year.
About NJMEP: NJMEP helps to improve the profitability and competitiveness of small to medium-sized manufacturers in New Jersey. Backed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), NJMEP enables organizations to enhance their productivity and efficiencies, reduce costs, and improve employee performance. For more than 20 years, NJMEP has used its extensive network of connections and proven track record of success to help manufacturers adapt to the latest innovative technologies and best practices to realize more than $8 billion in value.
Michael Womack | Sr. Marketing & Communications Manager