Six Sigma is a disciplined, data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects during the entire manufacturing process. Six Sigma is often associated with, or used in conjunction with Lean manufacturing improvements.
The Goals of Six Sigma
The Six Sigma philosophy is founded on the belief that waste occurs in a facility because of variations and deviations within their processes. Six Sigma includes methods and tools to help manufacturers identify and remove these variations and deviations from the production cycle. All results are designed to be measured and verified.
NJMEP: Industry Leaders in Implementing Six Sigma
We have an extensive record with leveraging the Six Sigma philosophy to empower manufacturers. Six Sigma extends to areas beyond the production floor and looks to incorporate and streamline processes in areas like shipping, delivery and customer service. Projects are frequently based on the acronyms DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) and DMADV (Define, Measure, Analyze, Design and Validate).
These tools help manufacturers:
- Identify and eliminate waste
- Deliver goods to customers at a better rate
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Decrease production costs
- Improve efficiencies
- Reduce defect and scrap rates
- If you’re looking to streamline processes and improve operational performance, Six Sigma may be a good fit for you. NJMEP offers training in the various levels of
Six Sigma certifications including yellow belts, green belts, and black belts.
Click here or call us at 973-998-9801 for more information, or fill out the form below!
"*" indicates required fields