Training - Operational Excellence
Principles of Lean Manufacturing with Live Simulation
Implementing lean principles are extremely beneficial for manufacturing companies. The elimination of waste (muda), continuous improvement (kaizen) as well as pull-systems (kanban) will be illustrated in live demonstrations for practical, comprehensible knowledge of Lean Manufacturing. Lean Manufacturing training is based on principals that can be implemented and will become the strong foundation of your organization and employees.
- Basic Concepts of Lean Manufacturing – Elimination of Waste
- Overproduction Overproduction
- Waste of Unnecessary Motion
- Waste of Inventory
- Production of Defects
- Waste of Waiting
- Waste of Transportation
- Waste of Over Processing
- Live Demonstration of the Tools and Methodology Necessary to Implement “Lean” on the Shop Floor
- Understanding of non-value added activities in manufacturing
- Learn how to improve productivity by:
- applying standard work
- using visual controls
- set-up reduction
- batch size reduction
- point-of-use storage
- quality at the source
- pull systems
It makes a lot of sense to attend, if …
- you feel there is room for improvement within your company
- you believe that resources are wasted
- you know that the workflow is not optimized
- you want to increase productivity and reduce costs
- you are looking for tools to improve quality and standards
This training is for you if you want to know what it takes to implement Lean Manufacturing, or if you have lean processes in place already and want to bring new staff up to speed. Lean Manufacturing is for all employees working on the shop floor, as well as your administration staff. The course is designed for manufacturing companies and manufacturing related industries.
Your new skills at work
Participants will be able to describe lean principles for implementation in the real-life production process.
- Reduce waste
- Enjoy a new level of efficiency
- Create an organized work environment that staff really enjoy working in
- Identify opportunities to increase and add value to production and quality
NJMEP Certificate of Completion
Space is limited, register early to ensure your spot.
We must receive your payment prior to the class to guarantee your participation. Payment methods accepted: company check or credit card (Amex, Visa or MasterCard). There will be no refunds for this training.
Please contact Kathleen Baldwin, Sales Support Manager at NJMEP with any questions or need of further assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org 973-998-9801 ext. 211 Please let us know if any dietary restrictions.