The Anthony DeSantis ‘Service to America’ Scholarship
The Anthony DeSantis ‘Service to America’ Scholarship, open exclusively to military personnel and their families, was established in honor of Anthony’s decades-long commitment to collegiate and technical education for the benefit of our local manufacturing and STEM Industries – and – his respect for those that chose to serve our Nation. Over Anthony’s life and career he was able to gain professional success through his expertise in the fields of Corporate Sales & Marketing, but it was his 14 years working with the New Jersey Manufacturing Extension Program that reinforced his belief in extending educational opportunities into the technical and vocation fields of study. This scholarship reflects Anthony’s belief in life-long learning and supporting those that have honorably served their country.
The Anthony DeSantis ‘Service to America’ Scholarship provides
annual Scholarships of (up to) $5,000.
2 to 3 annual awards expected depending on funding availability.
- Must be Active Duty, Guard Member, Veteran, or an immediate (Spouse or Child) of an Active Duty/Veteran of US Military Service – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard. (DD-214 and/or NGB 22 Required).
- Applicant must reside in New Jersey Full-Time or have a current, active Duty Station in New Jersey.
- Scholarship Money must be used in a certificate or credential-based education program that includes College, County/Community College, Industrial or Vocational School or affiliate program.
There is a Selection Committee at NJMEP that reviews and decides on recipients. Semi-Finalists may be interviewed prior to awards selection.
Awards will be based on:
- Meeting Eligibility Requirements
- Financial Need
- Essay Content
- Complete entire Application below.
- Attach acceptable copy of proof of military service via your Uniformed Services DD Form 1173 ID or CAC Card, DD Form 214, or an NGB Form 22 (For dependents, you may provide your sponsor’s proof of military service and denote relationship).
- Attach Brief Essay (500 to 1,000 word maximum) – “The Importance of the US Military and Continuing Education to my Career Pathway”
- Attach Current Resume Applications, Essays including References need to be received by NJMEP by January 29, 2021.
"*" indicates required fields