Corrective action (CA) and root cause analysis (RCA) are essential methodologies to address systemic problems in food manufacturing and is designed to improve the effectiveness of procedures in food safety management systems (FSMS).
In the first part of the training class, participants will learn the common methodologies of RCA within the food industry (fishbone diagram, 5 why’s etc.) and how to apply them during applicable case studies and practical exercises within a food manufacturing operation.
The second part of the training class will focus on the implementation of an effective corrective action and preventive action (CAPA) processes including methodologies and evaluation of effectiveness that are applicable to different supply communication channels within the food industry, i.e. online process vs. in person plan operations.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the objectives of root cause analysis as a procedure to find and evaluate the causes of problems within the food industry
- Use problem cause data collection tools applicable to food manufacturing
- Apply appropriate root cause analysis tools to food manufacturing
- Develop efficient corrective action and preventative action plans for food manufacturing
- Understand and be able to apply how CA, CAPA, and RCA are all managed under FSMS.
The participant will receive a certificate of successful completion for the course after passing a written knowledge test following the training course.
The course is designed for: Operations Staff in food and beverage manufacturing, packaging, holding, handling, and distributors. This can include the following but is not limited to: Logistics, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, Plant Managers, Supervisors, Food Safety Manager, Quality Assurance Manager.
|When||October 20, 21, 22, & 23, 2020|
|Class Times||8:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|Location||Online — Virtual Training|
Please contact Kathleen Baldwin, Sales Support Manager at NJMEP with any questions or need of further assistance. email@example.com 973-998-9801 ext. 211