– The New Jersey Manufacturing Extension Program, Inc. (NJMEP) has introduced a suite of services to assist New Jersey manufacturers more efficiently and cost effectively manage their Supply Chain, Transportation and Logistics needs.
The ProAction Network™, the Consulting Division of NJMEP, is offering world class supply chain solutions that deliver a competitive advantage to NJ manufacturers. According to Company Logistics Cost and Service Database, logistics costs end up being approximately 9% of sales, and transportation makes up 50% of those logistics costs. Utilizing NJMEP’s new services will reduce operating costs and increase revenue and profitability.
Partnering with industry experts, NJMEP is able to deliver the latest Transportation Management System and Financial settlement technologies to their clients. Utilizing these tools clients are able to:
- Maintain final control of all supply chain decisions through the Co-managed Logistics® approach, a proprietary system that consists of service needs assessment, carrier sourcing, contract and rate administration, claims processing and warehouse sourcing.
- Conduct a Strategic Assessment of the supply chain.
- Fulfill Compliance Responsibilities
- Financially Settle Transactions through freight bill audit and payment services and recovery of refunds due to service failures
Industry experts from NJMEP’s ProAction Network provide an initial evaluation of a manufacturer’s current supply chain, transportation, and logistics system at no cost or obligation to the company. George Saives, Director of Consulting Services explains, “Many of our clients, small and midsized manufacturers, do not have the manpower to oversee their spend in these areas. NJMEP looked into ways in which we could help. This new suite of services was created to do just that….reduce their spend and provide auditing of costs. NJMEP’s mission is to assure NJ manufacturers are able to successfully compete in the marketplace. As a result of these new offerings, our clients can turn to NJMEP as a one stop shop for their End to End Supply Chain Solutions —Domestic, International, LTL and Truckload transportation and logistics needs.
Click here to read the original article in New Jersey Business News.