On Thursday, June 27th, NJMEP President Bob Loderstedt led a workshop for the Somerset County Business Partnership in Bridgewater, NJ, called Innovation Engineering®: Profitably Growing Your Top Line. Bob discussed the Innovation Engineering® Program, which utilizes an advanced form of brainstorming in order to consistently add new products and ideas into a company’s pipeline.
Some of the key topics from the workshop included:
- Why typical brainstorming meetings fail
- How diverse input is critical to the brainstorming process
- The importance of leveraging “outsiders” in brainstorming
- Meaningful uniqueness
- The bell curve of growth and competitiveness
- Risk of failure
- Budgeting for innovation and ideas
Pictures from the event can be seen on our Facebook page.