Manufacturers must have a strong Internet presence to be successful in the current marketplace. A commercial website should promote your products and generate increased revenue. It must provide valuable information for consumers as well as act as a reliable resource A great website must be visually appealing, offer user-friendly functionality and be easily located. Getting noticed on the web these days cannot be left to chance. That is why Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is so important.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Explained
SEO attempts to have your company’s website displayed at the top of the search results when anyone uses a search engine like Google or Yahoo. SEO includes both technical and creative elements required to improve rankings and drive traffic to your website.
SEO works by using keyword optimization. Keywords must be researched and analyzed to find the exact words your potential customers are using. Use these words throughout your website, domain, titles, description and metadata. Using the correct keywords will drive traffic to your website, using the wrong words will provide poor results, if any.
On-page SEO optimizes individual web pages by obtaining higher rankings and generating more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEO, which refers to links and other external signals.
Off-page SEO refers to techniques improving the position of a web site in the search engine results page. Many people associate off-page SEO with link building but it is not restricted to that. Off-page SEO also deals with back links getting other sites to link to your site and the social signal sent when your website is shared. Google takes notice of all of these factors when ranking your website
How SEO Works
- Google tries to understand what is being asked with technology called Knowledge Graph. This helps Google to present you with the best options for your query.
- The website also takes into account the location of the user to present local options. Businesses must optimize the Google Places pages to get a better listing.
- Social searches allow users to easily find content and businesses.
- Search engines rely on people to share their content within their own social networks. They also use social sharing as a signal to determine the quality level of a piece of content.
- It is important for search engines to know if you are on a computer, a tablet or smartphone. This knowledge helps to decide how results are shared.
Focus on the technical aspects of your business’s website. Assure your website has a sitemap that is easily found. Make sure your pages load quickly, are free of technical glitches and have the right keywords. Lastly, create great content users want to share!
Marketing and Business Development Assistance
A strong web-presence is not optional for manufacturers in today’s marketplace. Your website is your virtual storefront that is always open, and SEO makes it easier for potential customers to find you on the web. If you would like more help in improving your SEO and marketing efforts, call 973-998-9801, e-mail email@example.com or click the button below.